Sunday, April 27, 2008

decisions

While it wasn't quite as intoxicatingly fun as last time (something about a dull headache and no soda machine in sight), this time was more productive. I decided what I didn't want. I decided a few important things I did want. I narrowed it down to one vendor and two gowns. Price tag: $500 + tax. That's right, folkses ... I will be the proud non-owner of my dream wedding gown. Decision made.

We went to two places, where I tried on a total of seven dresses. (Way off my game today. It was the headache.) I love Toy but it seems that every dress I pick out is something like $1200.00. So I went to Princess Brides and discovered that I could pick pretty much anything I wanted (and have it precisely altered) for $500.00 - which includes shoes, jewelry, and tiara. I might not actually use these extras - I am picky about shoe height (I know I have to be reasonable but still, I don't want to wear Dyeables), I definitely want to wear my own jewelry, and I think I'm over the whole tiara thing. But they are nice extras to have available. The $500 rental seems to be the best option. There is the whole giving it back thing, but I don't even have under-the-bed space - I can't fathom where I'd put a huge garment box. Yep, decision made.

5 comments:

Dan said...

no tiara? but how will everyone know that you're a princess?

Hayashiphoto said...

When you have time, how was the CS @ Princess Bridal?

damned_cat said...

it was great! in fact, i went there because my friend (who's getting married in 2 weeks) is going with them and when i went with her to her final fitting, i thought they were awesome. it's very relaxed in there (like, the owner was eating a pastrami sandwich as i pranced around in front of the mirror) but he actually let me take some pictures, which is usually verboten. worked for me. what did you hear?

p.s. i need to call you! i need to get in touch with someone who knows sheron yuen (dressmaker's) phone number.

Hayashiphoto said...

go check your myspace mail.

Anonymous said...

I found many beautiful wedding dresses on shopofbrides.com site, you could try to find your lovely dress

 
Site Meter